European Union Ecolabel (EU Flower) was created by the European Commission in 1992 to help consumers identify products and services that are environmentally green. Food and health products do not fall into this category. The purpose of this voluntary scheme is to encourage businesses to promote goods and services with low environmental impact and simplify their recognition by European consumers.
European Flower can be found throughout Europe and is part of a wider strategy, aimed at promoting rational consumption and production for sustainable development.
To obtain the Ecolabel the agents must take the following steps:
- An Ecolabel request to the Ministry of Environment and Water of the competent authority;
- Carrying out tests on products recommended by specialized institutes of the Ministry of Environment and Water and / or other institutions holding accredited laboratories;
- Product performance evaluation by the competent authority (Ministry of Environment and Water Management) working with the National Commission regarding the decisions for the Ecolabel and the National Consumer Protection Authority to assess how effectively the needs of the Ecolabel information to costumers.
- Ecolabel requests are subject to payment of a charge between 300 and 1300 euros, not including costs for testing and product verification in the evaluation of their performance (supported by applicants for the Ecolabel).
- Ecolabel by the National Commission for the eco-label, the product category they fall into.
Because our path is closely linked with nature, we chose to practice a different kind of tourism that can bring more long-term benefits for the community. We have the first hotel in the Prahova Valley that is ecological certified with the European Flower. We received this distinction because of:
- Reduction of water and energy;
- Selective waste collection;
- Voluntary participation in ecological actions.
When we decided to create our own fairy tale corner, we have made a commitment to protect and respect nature. Thus we continue to engage in activities to protect the environment and maintain high standards through our green services.